Green Monster Truck Rally - Red Sox Truck Day

on 2:16 AM

These are the photographs I took Friday at the Green Monster Truck
Rally. Also known as Red Sox Truck Day.

I met Jenney at the Pru (where I was properly chastised for being late
& keeping a lady waiting - my mother would not approve) and we walked
over to Fenway Park (or Pahk) with winter warmers from Dunkin' Donuts.

We walked around the whole stadium to find the truck. I was amazed
that it had been painted as it was; I thought it would have magnetic
siding at best. Jenney & I got free ballcaps & foam fingers promoting
the event.

Clammy & Gansett of Narragansett Beer fame were on hand, as was Wally!
Jenney wanted a photo with her & Wally, and would not be denied.

The media got to interview the truck driver out on the street, and he
gladly told his story. It was an honor to be chosen to drive that
truck, he said, and quite a privilege. Damn skippy it is!

Then the truck was off, and a flatbed with Wally & Red Sox Ambassadors
followed. The ambassadors starting chucking baseballs at the crowd,
causing a moment's concern. However, the balls turned out to be foam
rubber & quite harmless.

You can also see my YouTube videos, including the truck convoy rolling out.

Go Red Sox!

Posted via email from paulrharvey3's posterous

0 comments: