God is a knitter

on 10:51 AM

This post has nothing to do with God. I think.

I saw this flyer posted at St. Anthony Shrine in Boston. It reminded me that my mother is part of a group that knits for her church. I used to crochet a *long* time ago, but I never learned how to knit. I know several people that do knit on a regular basis, and I won't say I'm amazed at their skill, just their focus & dedication. I mean, after a certain point the actions become ingrained, right? But doing something repeatedly has to have a reward to be worthwhile. To me, anyway. And while my mom, and the ladies that knit in their group, won't get financial wealth for their actions, I'd wager my mom feels good seeing her work on the head, around the neck, or on the hands of a needy member of her parish. That's all the reward one needs for helping others. Isn't that why we're here? None of us can do everything, so we help those we can, and believe that when it's our turn, someone will help us. We knit ourselves into the fabric of our families and our communities. And we can cause them to unravel as well if we're not cautious. Something I had to learn myself.

Posted via email from paulrharvey3's posterous

0 comments: